HISTORY OF DEPARTMENT

Former University of Medicine-Mandalay was situated within the compound of University of Mandalay in 1954-1955. In 1958, library was set up at the upper floor of University’s Main Hall and Head of Pharmacology, Dr. Myint Than was acted as librarian. In 1966, Head of Microbiology Department, Dr. Nyunt Nyunt acted as acting-librarian. During 1966, U Kaung Nyunt was also a librarian. In 1968, Dr. JE Deli, posted as an advisor of library by American Library Association and he leaded to make a catalog of books and documents. In 1981,library was built as separate one story building. In 1992, the building was extended to four-story building. From 2005 to 2007, librarian was U Aye Nge. From 2009 to 2010, librarian was Daw San San aung. From 2014 to 2018, librarian was Daw Khin Win Myint. From 2019 to still now, librarian is Daw Tha Zin Oo.

Read More
University of Medicine, Mandalay

Our Recent Articles