Dr. Nwe Nwe Than
Professor & Head

M.B.,B.S.; M.Med.Sc.; Ph.D.; Dip.Med.Ed.

nwenwethan@ummdy.edu.mm

HISTORY OF DEPARTMENT

History of Department • University of Medicine, Mandalay, was founded in first, April 1954 as a branch of medicine, affiliated to the University of Yangon. Department of Pharmacology was established in the academic year 1956 - 57. At that time, Dr. P.H Choudry who was the head of the faculty and Dr. U Saw Mya Aung, who was the head of Mandalay People's hospital, were acting as part-time heads of the Pharmacology department. During these periods, there were only one demonstrator, one laboratory assistant, and one sweeper and the class consisted of twelve students.

Read More
University of Medicine, Mandalay

Our Recent Articles