Dr. May Thet Hnin Aye
Professor & Head

M.B.,B.S; Dip.Med.Sc(Ophth); M.Med.Sc(Ophth); MRCS(Edinburgh); Dr.Med.Sc(Ophth); Dip.Med.Edu;

maythethninaye@ummdy.edu.mm

HISTORY OF DEPARTMENT

History of the Department        The Department of Ophthalmology was first established in 1927 in the Prince of Wale Building, a branch and section of the Mandalay General Hospital. The founder, Dr. Chan Tate kept the clinic going until 1938, due to the impacts of the interruption of World War II. After the massive conflict, the department went back on its feet after a tough beginning under Dr. Bram Raj’s lead, although due to the Renovation of the Mandalay General Hospital, it was moved to St. Peter High School. 

Read More

Recent News

Click for more News

Recent Announcement

Click for more Announcement
University of Medicine, Mandalay

Our Recent Articles